Node number

How and where to find a Fidonet system for new and potential Fidonet members to get their message feeds.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Node number

Postby papabill » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 am

When I moved to Belmont, NC from Travelers Rest, SC, I carried the node number with me (1:123/22). My hub was Ross Cassell (1:123/500) and I could never figure out why I was not given a "local" node number.

I'm wanting to open a second BBS with a separate node number, and wish to know how to go about this.

Thanks
papabill
proton

Re: Node number

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:20 am

papabill wrote:When I moved to Belmont, NC from Travelers Rest, SC, I carried the node number with me (1:123/22). My hub was Ross Cassell (1:123/500) and I could never figure out why I was not given a "local" node number.

likely because no one ever asked the NC host to assign you one :?

papabill wrote:I'm wanting to open a second BBS with a separate node number, and wish to know how to go about this.

are you looking for one node number or two?

in either case, the NC host has the necessary documents that you need to get, fill out and netmail back to them... if you are needing two node numbers, one for each system, make note of that in the document you send back...

FWIW: net3634 is the only remaining net in north carolina... the application document you need to get from the NC's machine is 3634.app... it is available via file request (dial up and FTN over telnet), ftp and http from the "files areas via" links on this sites main menu area (the pages with the black background) and is located in the "new files" area... sorry, file requests sent via binkp do not work :?
wkitty42
solar system

Return to Fidonet Members Access Points